Work with someone who understands the unique challenges and concerns facing not-for-profit organizations.
Charitable organizations are staffed and governed by people who are passionate about their work. I match that passion, and make the accounting aspect of your organization approachable, cost effective, and beneficial.
I work closely with organizations to make sure that the information they present to stakeholders is clear and easy to understand. Along the way, I meet with the board or members to present information directly.
Our annual audit or review provides an opportunity to help the board and management better understand the internal controls and procedures that are in place.
Having worked with organizations with budgets from tens of thousands to tens of millions of dollars, I can offer industry-tested insights into possible areas for improvement and best practices that could be implemented.
- Completing the annual audit, review, or financial statements.
- Preparing and filing PSB rebate applications (HST recovery).
- Preparing and filing annual charities return.
- Providing governance recommendations to the board.
- Meeting with the board or attending the AGM to discuss the financial information of the organization as a standard part of the year-end.
- Offering a fixed fee for my services to allow for budgeting within an organization without surprises at the end of the process.