Tax issues facing individuals are as varied and complex as the people I work with.
I like to start by having a meeting with you to discuss your current situation. I go over what you need to be filing, and what is making the process challenging now. I then work with you to figure out a timeline and budget for getting everything in order.
Because I am transparent in all that I do, after an introductory meeting, I will give an estimate of my fees. Unless the work being done changes, that is the fee I will bill. No surprises, no sudden extra billings.
Going forward, I contact you as it gets closer to the time for an action. I will follow up on a regular basis to make sure everything is being taken care of, and find out if you have any questions.
- Personal income tax returns for Canada, the USA, and other foreign countries.
- Multi-jurisdictional tax returns for people with income in more than one province (including Quebec).
- Prepare income tax returns for self-employed individuals.
- Discussions around when and if to incorporate your business.
- GST/HST returns for self-employed individuals, including those with foreign income.
- Information about when to register, and assistance in registering for GST/HST.
- Tax planning for estates, retirement, and business succession.
- Immigrating and emigrating from Canada and the related tax requirements.
- Final tax returns for deceased individuals and associated trust returns.